Did you know …
- The hairs inside a cat’s ears are called “ear furnishings”. They insulate the ear and help with hearing
- There are more than 10 million cats in the UK
- A group of cats is called a “Clowder” – a group of kittens is a “kindle”
- Cats sleep around two-thirds of the time. By the time a cat is nine years old it will only have been awake for three years!
- Cats are unable to taste anything sweet
- Cats can produce more than 100 vocal sounds
taken from a cats protection league notebook – www.cats.org.uk